WordPress and b2evolution both are famous blogging software, which is the better? In this article, we compare WordPress and b2evolution on ease of use, customizability, and SEO friendliness. Readers could learn about two software in detail, and make a right choice based on their actual requirements.
WordPress & B2evolution Overall
WordPress – WordPress is a free open source blogging application written in PHP and backed by the MySQL database. It’s also well-known as a content management system (CMS), free and easy to use, secure and reliable. Started from 2003, it has been the currently most popular blogging tool, serving over 60 million websites all over the world, including personal blogs, forums, corporate websites, portals, and more.
B2evolution – B2evolution is also a welcomed blogging tool based PHP and MySQL, known primarily for the multi-lingual, multi-user and multi-blog features. In addition, it also includes all the features of traditional blog tools as file & phone management, multiple domain supported, detailed user permissions, and more.
Compared with WordPress developed into a comprehensive website application, b2evolution is designed to focus on blogging all the time. We could see the overall features comparison as following:
WordPress VS B2evolution
- Ease of Use. WordPress is quite simple and easy to use. Especially, there is always a 1-click WordPress installer along with the hosting package that even a start blogger could build up a blog easily. With the intuitive and user friendly interface, customers could simply to create and publish a post. By contrast, b2evolution is a little bit complex. It has a large package and customers have to spend more time to learn than WordPress.
- Customization. Using WordPress, customers could personalize and customize their websites as they want. With hundreds of thousands of themes, widgets and plugins, customers don’t need any technical skills but just apply new themes and plugins to personalize their blogs. However, on b2evolution, there are no open source templates available to custom websites. In addition, b2evolution doesn’t support pre-made templates that are quite inconvenient for designers.
- SEO Friendly. Generally, a good website URL is friendly to search engines. In this regards, WordPress allows to customize the permalinks of pages and posts. However, b2evolution doesn’t support url rewrite.
Conclusion – WordPress Recommended
No matter for newbies or webmasters, WordPress is an ideal choice. With easy to use features, full themes and plugins, it could not only used to build blogs, but also enterprise websites.
Best WordPress Hosting – BlueHost WordPress Hosting
If you are looking for a WordPress hosting provider, we highly recommend you going with BlueHost (http://www.bluehost.com/) which is the best WordPress hosting provider named by WordPress.org. Starting at $2.95/mo, it includes the following features.
- Unlimited disk space & bandwidth
- Free domain registration & multiple domain allowed
- Popular cPanel control panel with SimpleScripts 1-click WordPress installation
- 24×7 US based technical support via phone, live chat & Email
- Anytime money back guarantee