Now, making your WordPress site mobile-friendly is pretty important. After all, the mobile phone utilization already takes up a large amount of internet access. As researched, there are more than 90% online users choose to use the phone to socialize. We have already introduced how to optimize your site for the better mobile usage. This time, we are going to introduce another effective method – use WhatsApp in WordPress.
Note that WhatsApp is one of the most widely used messaging applications. And since now, it has been utilized by more than 1 billion users in around 180 different countries to stay in touch with other people. In the following, we’d like to tell what this app is, the benefits you can get when adding it to your WordPress site, along with the easy steps of how to do so.
The General Introduction to WhatsApp
The WhatsApp is a free and cross-platform application for smart phones. With it, you can send the end-to-end messages in an encrypted and instant manner. Besides the traditional textual messages, it also allows you to make the voice calls and send images, documents, audio files, one-to-one calls, videos and many more. Here, we have listed some key highlights of this application.
- You can send the messages to your family, friends and acquaintances for free. With the usage of the Internet connection, you can avoid the SMS charges.
- You can keep in touch with a group of people at the same time. The group chat is great among the family members, colleagues and co-workers. The maximum number of group members is 256.
- You can download and install this application on your local devices. So, you can easily sync your chats to your computer, laptop or tablet.
- The support to voice calls allows you to start a face-to-face conversation when the text messages are not suitable.
- You can share some contents or moments on WhatsApp. However, with its default security system, only you and people you are communicating with can check the contents.
Why to Use WhatsApp in WordPress
In addition to the messaging, texting or the calling function, WhatsApp also allows you to share the special moments or things that really matter. In this case, if you integrate this great application with your WordPress site, your readers can share and send your contents to their contacts easily. This is good for your online exposure and can attract more prospects or potential readers effectively.
Note that WhatsApp allows people to share images, videos, documents, FDPs, slideshows, spreadsheets and many more from your site.
How to Use WhatsApp in WordPress
To achieve the integration, you simply need to make use of the WhatsApp Share Button plugin. For the proper utilization, you should configure it by clicking the Settings > WhatsApp Share Button option from your admin.
Here, you can choose to showcase the WhatsApp button on all your posts, pages, custom post types, homepage and attachments. Also, you can choose to display it above or below the content. If you want to learn how much traffic is got via this app, you can enable the Add Tracking feature.
Now, when people check your content using their mobile phones, they can share their interested parts to other people simply by clicking the WhatsApp icon.