Our list of top 3 dedicated server hosting providers offers a rating of the 3 top dedicated server hosting, based on the price, features, speed, uptime, and technical support. Readers can quickly pick up a suitable dedicated server in the below list.
There are a huge number of dedicated servers available in the market. So choosing a good yet affordable dedicated server can be a complicated and time-consuming task. Indeed, going with the top dedicated server can save a lot of work. We rated these top 3 dedicated server hosting according to our real experience, in-depth reviews, and customer feedbacks.
After monitored 50+ dedicated server hosting solutions for more than 3 months, we rank the top 3 dedicated server hosting providers as HostGator, BlueHost and InMotion. Check out their features and prices in the following table.
How To Rank the Top 3 Dedicated Server Hosting?
Dedicated server is a powerful Internet hosting that gives the users the entire resources instead of sharing with others. Be quite different from a shared hosting, customers get the full control, flexibility and resources of the server. So how to choose the top dedicated server hosting? Here is our guide to rank the top 3 dedicated server hosting which you can follow to make the right choice.
# Operating System
As for looking for a suitable dedicated server, the first thing you need to care about is the operating system. Usually, Linux and Windows are two main server operating system. The detailed choice is based on your requirements.
Always, the Linux server like such as CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora etc is a good choice for users who want to use an open sources stack such as Apache, PHP, LAMP. Meanwhile, for customers who want to host ASP.NET code, MS SQEL server or to use Microsoft IIS, it’s better to choose a Microsoft Windows dedicated server.
The dedicated server hosting is a whole server. Be quite different from shared hosting or VPS focusing on hosting features, you just need to care about the technologies. In general, you should take the following technologies into consideration.
- RAM: It is the Random access memory which is basically the available data storage capacity that allows users to access any memory on the server. The more memory your server has, the faster your server is going running, and the quicker your website will load.
- Storage: It’s the physical space of the hard drives of your server, and the location where your website data store. If you hope to have larger storage capacity, you may choose optional configuration to add the secondary drive with your server.
- Bandwidth: Bandwidth limits the traffic you have. It determines how much data can be transferred from and to the website within a specific period of time. For a large website with a huge amount of visitors, the demand bandwidth is obviously much higher. In addition, if your website has a large number of quality pictures, streaming media files, you need to have a large bandwidth.
It’s reasonable that the more advanced dedicated server you choose the more money you cost. So you need to balance your budget with your requirements.
- Monthly Price: Not the cheaper the better. You had best to choose the most cost-effective price.
- Setup Fees: it’s not every expensive. However, some hosting providers like BlueHost will help configure your servers for free.
- Support Fees: some unmanaged hosting provider won’t provide free support but charges the premium support from tens to hundreds of dollars.
# Actual Requirements
You may have some unique requirements for the dedicated server based on your business. You should consider all these aspects. There we list some common needs.
- Fast Speed: if your website is focusing on images, photos, videos, audio and more, you need a quite fast server.
- E-Commerce: secure access to dedicated servers and integrity of data.
- Security: it’s important for all kind of websites. There are many things devote it, including firewalls, protection against DDOS attacks, SSL, etc.
- Scalability and Customizability: it provides the growth path to growing business and websites.
All above factors are the typical rules we had considered when we ranked the top 3 dedicated server hosting, but there are more factors affect the dedicated server performance. You can choose the best based on your unique needs.
Founded in 2003, InMotion has devoted itself to providing an extensive range of hosting services for users throughout the whole globe and received multiple important awards like the best WordPress hosting companies. For dedicated hosting, InMotion has released a total of three plans named as Essential, Advanced, and Elite.
The company prices these plans above from $189.99/mo to $299.99/mo. However, it is now providing a special offer for users going through this beneficial promotional link to buy the plans at $119.99/mo, $159.99/mo, and $229.99/mo in several, up to 36% off from the regular.
As one of the most reputable companies in the industry, InMotion is well-known for its excellent hosting performance. On the basis of our real-time monitoring, it has topped the list of the industry’s fastest web hosts, taking only 237ms for server responses.
BlueHost is also a frequently-heard name in the hosting field. With more than a decade of hosting experience, BlueHost has developed various favorable hosting solutions to meet the needs of both personal and enterprise-level users on a global scale. It is now providing three plans on a dedicated hosting level, including Standard, Enhanced, and Premium.
In normal circumstances, these plans are priced at least $149.99/mo. But now, with an up to 50% discount, they are purchasable from $74.99/mo to $124.99/mo through this promotional link, coming with a minimum of 4 CPU cores, 1TB disk storage, 4GB RAM, 5TB bandwidth, and 3 IP addresses.
Besides affordable prices and abundant resources, BlueHost also guarantees 24×7 professional technical support and optimized hosting performance. As you can see from the chart below, it has achieved an average of 100% uptime in the last thirty days, making sure that users’ websites be available to their visitors in a stable manner.
HostGator has been in the industry for more than fourteen years since its inception in 2002. It is currently offering four dedicated hosting plans for users to choose.
Regularly starting from $174/mo to $374/mo, these plans, named as Basic, Standard, Elite, and Pro, are now available at $76.56/mo, $91.98/mo, $103.23/mo, and $115.94/mo in respective with an up to 69% discount via the exclusive promotional link.
In addition to multiple affordable hosting plans, HostGator provides almost all the commonly-used features. Moreover, it performs well in aspects like the hosting reliability, loading speed, and customer service. By the 272 reviews we have received from real HostGator users, the company has also earned itself a good reputation in the entire hosting community.