Blogging is one of the most-popular channels for the promotion and the marketing of products and brands in our sophisticated world. Thousands of companies opt for content marketing strategy in the form of blogging. This popularity and great benefits are the main reason why we have come out a series of blogging tutorials.
When it comes to effective blogging, guest blogging is the most-effective way to achieve the goals. Guest blogging has grabbed the attention eventually not only of professional bloggers, but also of private individuals. As the term is a hot topic at present, let’s have a clear knowledge of what is guest blogging and how it benefits a blogger.
What Is Guest Posting?
Guest blogging is a popular method used by numerous of webmaster to build links. just as the name suggests, is a blog marketing strategy that a guest writes a post for you to publish, or you publish posts on others’ blog as a guest. In general, the guest post is like a regular post includes a link back to the blogger’ site.
Typically, there are two guest blogging types:
- Guest blogging on your site. This way means your site accepts guest blogging and someone else writes posts to publish on your site.
- Guest blogging on other’s site. You can submit a guest post on others’ websites for link building and SEO improvement.
No matter which way you involve in, it is a win-win method that grows the traffic for both blogs and builds close relationships between both bloggers.
The Benefits of Guest Hosting
Guest Blogging is Great for SEO
As search engines like Google attach great importance to the link building of a site, bloggers are struggling to exchange or buy links from other websites. Thus, guest blogging is an effective method for building links, allowing author to include 1 backlink to his/her site. As long as you have a little knowledge about SEO, you can understand how valuable to get a backlink from a web page that has a high PR value. That may be the main reason guest blogging can be so popular among bloggers.
By allowing others to submit a post on your site, you can freely get new and quality content which may bring plenty of traffics. On the other hand, you can get a backlink and boost site ranking if you publish guest post on other websites. In a word, it is beneficial for WordPress SEO.
Guest Blogging Builds Relationships Between Bloggers
Under normal circumstances, bloggers are writing independently, do not care or interfere with other bloggers. At present, as a guest blogger, you are forced to contact with other bloggers. Thus, you can easily learn about the views, resources, highlights, businesses, and other information from their blogs.
In addition, you can make friends with them on social media networks and convert their followers to become yours.
Guest Blogging Brings You Fresh Ideas
Obviously, it brings your blog fresh content if you allow others to submit guest posts on your site. Instead of frequently writing posts by yourself, you can publish guest posts that save you a lot of time and energy. Besides, you can learn about the new ideas, writing style and content structure from the guest posts.
In the other case, if you tend to submit guest posts on other’s website, you have to do study the site and do research on the content and visitors, which also brings you fresh ideas.
Steps to Find Guest Blogging Opportunities
Step One: Make Clear of Your Target
Before set out to find a blogging opportunity, the first thing is to figure out what kind of website you want. Only if you have a clear target, you can get the ideal one as soon as possible.
- Fixed Readership – The target blog needs to have fixed or engaged readers that ensures your post have the opportunity to be discovered. To know the answer, you can check how many comments does the website have and how many times its posts being shared on social media.
- Related Content – The guest blog need to have similar content of your own website. Only in this way can people in the guest blog be interest in your articles and increase opportunities to be accepted by site owners.
- Potential Audience – Another thing you need to do is research visitors on target blog. You’d better pay attention to whether they are fond of content that are similar to yours. If they do, then, that is the right place.
- Active Owner – Try to find a website with an active owner who often share guest posts on social media. In this way, your articles can be read by more people.
Step Two: Select Practical Methods
Generally speaking, being a guest writer has many advantages including making yourself famous in this industry, increasing your WordPress website traffic, and boosting your own site’s SEO. No matter what goal you want to achieve, find a guest blogging opportunity is the premise of everything. So, how can you find a suitable one? In the following, we are going to put forward several useful and effective methods to achieve this goal.
- Social Media – As many site managers often share the newest guest posts on social media, you can search keyword like Guest Post and choose the relative and suitable one. You need to do the work on famous social media like FaceBook, LinkedIn, Tumblr, as well as Twitter. Once you have found your target, go to the website homepage to see whether it can meet your needs.
- Google Search – As the most welcomed search engine, Google is powerful. If you target to write SEO guest posts, just search for SEO guest blog. Then, you get many results related to the search information. Click on those results and there will be the name or link of the source website.
- Follow Productive Guest Bloggers – There are always some people who strive to write guest blogs in your field. So, how to find them? As a blog writer, undoubtedly, you read a lot on different websites. Then, mind people who often appear to you, who are exactly what you are looking for. After doing this, just pay attention to what websites they publish posts.
Famous Websites Accepting Guest Blogging
After writing so many things, we are going to introduce you several prominent websites that accept guest blogging. Note that all of them are reputable websites with much traffic.
- WhatsWP – This is a website strives to solving problems and writing tutorials related to WordPress platform.
- HowsHosting – As the name suggests, this website dedicates itself to writing web hosting review and help readers find a suitable hosting solution.
- PHPMatters – one of the largest PHP resource and community sites helping beginners on coding, SEO, monetization, blog writing, web hosting, etc.
- KISSmetrics – It is a marketing site with many regular readers and an active site manager.
- Mashable – This is a technical news website that accepts guest blog and requires accuracy and timeliness for posts.
Methods for Finding Guest Writers
Based on the fact that we have already comprehensively explained the ways to find guest blogging opportunities before, now, we are going to tell you how to find guest writers to enrich your blog content. We propose five most useful and practical suggestions to get quality writers quickly, expecting readers can find ideal guest writers after reading.
Method 1: Use MyBlogGuest
MyBlogGuest is a website that offers a platform for site owners as well as blog writers to find suitable guest writer or guest blogging opportunities. Till now, the platform is trusted and used by millions of bloggers for its easy to use features and large users.
If you want to find a guest blogger with MyBlogGuest, you just need to register it with username, password, and E-mail. Note that there are five days free course for you. When finishing the registration process, the next step is to post a request on the website. The whole process is extremely easy and what you need to do is follow the instructions presented on the website.
Method 2: Develop Commentator & Subscriber
If you add a comment section to your WordPress website, then, you can receive various comments from different visitors. Then, pick out those people who are interested in your blog and invite them to write blogs for you. The same goes to friends and subscribers. We can say that all the subscribers are loyal followers of your blog content; thus, there is a high possibility to convince them to become a guest writer.
Method 3: Build Quality Website
Most experienced and talented guest writers only choose quality websites to write posts. Thus, you need to equip your site with attractive points that are large traffic and active community. you can write readable content at first and then applying some SEO guidelines to get a high position in search engines.
As for community, you need to build a community at first, and the easiest way is to utilize Facebook Fan page and Twitter page for your blog. Then, encourage readers to comment on your post and discuss ideas with each other. In this way, you can get both traffic and guest writers’ attention.
Method 4:Post a Request on Your Own Site
If you own a website with large traffic, then, there are many visitors every day. Thus, the most convenient way to get guest writers is to develop some of those visitors into writers. You just need to post a notice on your site to inform people that the website accepts and welcomes guest writers.
However, why people should write for you for free? Therefore, you should state what benefits people can get from writing for you. Usually, site owners promise to give backlinks to increase writers’ website traffic and share the guest blogs frequently to increase writer reputation.
Method 5: Using Social Networking
Social networking has a big advantage that is large users. Thus, publishers need to make use of this merit and get more guest writers from them. You can publish a note for requesting guest writers on Google+, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and so on so forth. Besides, search engines are also helpful in this regard. For example, if you run a literature website, you can search Literature Guest Writes in Google. Then, there will be many useful items, and you just need to choose the suitable one from them.
How to Submit Guest Post to a High Traffic Site
After applying methods mentioned above, you may have a better understanding of how to make Gust Posting. However, it is still not an easy thing to submit guest posts to some high-traffic websites. In order to help readers quickly submit a guest post to boost their site SEO and traffic, we offer guide to introduce the tips in detail and help them complete the process with ease.
Determine the Target Site and Read Posting Submisions Carefully
In order to submit a guest post, you should first decide which site you want to publish your post on. As not all sites allow guest blogging and not all sites suitable for you, you need to collect a series of sites that support guest posting. Usually, you can search for “guest blogging guidelines” or “guest blogging submissions” in Google and find some reputable websites that accept guest posts.
Then, you need to read their guidelines in details, understanding their requirements, standards, formats, and information. Only by thoroughly understand those guidelines, you can easily write good posts and successfully submit to the targeted websites.
Study the Site and Audiences
Don’t rush to start write a guest post, you need to study the site content and audiences before. You can browse the entire site and read about the posts in the past two months or more to learn about what kind of topics the site focuses. As well, you need to note how the editors format their posts and then copy it.
In addition, you can analyze the content to see about the visitors’ interesting and identify their favorite articles and categories. Still, read about some comments is a good way to listen to visitors’ voices.
Write quality guest post
Now, having a comprehensive and thorough understanding about the targeted site, you can start to write your guest post. We highlight some points you need to notice:
- Write quality and original content. Just like writing a typical blog post, your guest post should be high quality and original, has never been published anywhere else, including your own blog. In addition, you can learn about some writing tips for better blogs.
- Include useful information. Don’t talk a lot of empty words, you need to tell some creative theories, helpful tips, and practical guidelines. After all, only the content is meaningful for readers, they can be welcomed.
- Don’t be advertisement. This is important to guest post that it is not an advertisement. You can promote your site in your bio, but never try to introduce it into your post. For guest blogging, you need to stand on the position of the targeted site and write standard blog posts.
Add proper backlinks and profile
In general, every guest post includes a bio with links back to your site or a particular post. So, when complete the post, you need to write additional content about your bio. You can slightly introduce your site and add a back link to the site homepage or one of the most popular posts. By this way, your site gets a back link that is great for SEO ranking and attracts a lot of visitors from the targeted site.
Submit your guest posts
At present, you are required to submit your guest post to the targeted site. The targeted site generally introduces the submission method in the guidelines. So you can just follow it and submit your own guest post. In this step, you need to note about the post format, information, layout, and so on.
When published, they always send you an email. Otherwise, you can contact the webmaster through their contact channel if you have any questions or doubts.