This NameCheap VS BlueHost comparison is written for helping readers have a clear understanding on their pros and cons. By contrasting NameCheap and BlueHost on price, features, performance, and customer service, we thoroughly introduce their services and reveal the secrets so that readers can easily pick up the right provider for their unique needs.
NameCheap VS BlueHost – Overall
NameCheap and BlueHost are two trusted web hosting providers that offer similar web hosting services. Before analyzing their differences in detail, we first come out an overall comparison table, which lists out some awesome features of their services. As well, we also give the editorial ratings according to our real hosting experience in the past 3 months.
|Plan in Comparison||Basic||Plus||Professional|
|Disk Space||50 GB||Unlimited||100 GB|
|Ruby on Rails|
|Money Back||Anytime||Anytime||14 Days|
|Support Service||Phone, Live Chat, Email||Phone, Live Chat, Email||E-mail, Live Chat|
|How to Claim||Link Activation||Link Activation||Not Recommended|
Based on the above comparison, we clearly see that BlueHost is more rich-featured than NameCheap, coming with affordable price, full features, awesome uptime, and 24×7 technical support. In the following, we are going to introduce the pros and cons of two brands in detail.
BlueHost is a professional web hosting brand which only focuses on web hosting services, providing shared hosting, VPS hosting, reseller hosting, and dedicated server to serve for all kinds of websites online. With the high quality and excellent performance, the company is even the recommended WordPress hosting provider by WordPress.org.
BlueHost provides 3 packages for individuals and small businesses – Basic, Plus and Prime that are starting at $7.99/mo, $10.99/mo and $14.99/mo originally, the company now offers an up to 60% discount for new customers clicking through the exclusive promotional link. That means the effective price is as affordable as $2.95/mo.
Besides, BlueHost shared hosting comes with the following pros:
- Many Freebies Included – The package includes 1 free domain, $100 Google AdWords credits, $50 Facebook credits, $50 Twitter credits as freebies.
- Anytime Money Back Guarantee – Customers can get a full refund if they cancel BlueHost account within 30 days, and they can cancel the account at any time and receive a prorated refund for the remainder of the current hosting term.
- Unlimited Resources – BlueHost shared hosting includes full of resources that website needs, such as unlimited domains, unlimited storage, unlimited websites, unlimited emails and unlimited MySQL databases.
- Advanced Technologies – BlueHost equips the hosting services with cut-edging technologies, such as PHP 5, MySQL 5, CGI, Perl, SSI, Ruby on Rails, and SSH, etc. It also integrates with cPanel and offers SimpleScripts 1-click installers, allowing users to easily install WordPress, Drupal, Joomla and other 100+ scripts.
- 99.9% Uptime Guarantee – BlueHost is confident to offer 99.9% uptime guarantee to ensure the reliability. According to the real-time statistics in the recent 30 days, its server performs nearly 99.99% online actually.
- Fast Speed – With 3 robust data center in Utah, BlueHost has great ability to power websites with fast speed. As the real-time monitoring data in the following, the average server response time of BlueHost is about 320 ms.
- 24×7 Phone, Live chat and Email Support – BlueHost offers 24×7 technical support to help customers through hotline, online chat and email tickets. In addition, customers can also get helps on the online Help Center.
- Linux Web Hosting Only – BlueHost only provides Linux-based hosting services. This may disappoints some customers need Windows services.
- No Upgradable Plans – With the shared hosting plan, customers are not available to get upgradeable plan on the company.
NameCheap is a trusted web hosting provider that is comprehensive for offering domain name registration, secure SSL certificates, website builders, and more online services. With upgradeable plans and affordable price, NameCheap web hosting is famous for the cost-effectiveness.
- Affordable Price & Upgradeable Plans – Starting at $3.95/mo, NameCheap Value plan is affordable for budget-limited customers. With upgradeable plans, customers can choose a suitable plan for the current requirements and upgrade to a higher plan when need.
- Powerful Control Panel – NameCheap also comes with industry leading cPanel control panel, allowing users to easily create and manage their services.
- 99.9% Uptime – The company has quality servers with multiple Xeon CPUs, and lots of memory. In addition, it also equips with CloudLinux which offers stable and resilient software platform. As a result, it is powerful to deliver 99.9% uptime in practice.
- Limited Features – As NameCheaps offers 4 shared hosting plans, it limits the features for each plan and engages customers to choose the expensive plans. Especially, the basic Value plan only allows 5 websites, 50 subdomains, 5 hosted domains, 25 GB RAID, 50 Email accounts.
- Short Money Back Period – Comparing many providers offer at least 30 days money back guarantee, NameCheap only commits 14 days money back.
- Phone Support Not Available –Phone support is one of the most welcomed support method because customers can receive instant help at any time they have troubles. However, NameCheap is no contactable through hotline. It only offers live support and Help Desk support.
NameCheap vs BlueHost – Hosting Performance
BlueHost does the much better job in this aspect. Here, we cannot deny that NameCheap also pays much attention to this aspect. But according to our monitoring, we have found that BlueHost ensures the better uptime record and the faster hosting speed. The following statistics give you the better view.
In fact, both of these two web hosts adopt the quality servers and data centers. These are the fundamental points for achieving the reliable and fast hosting solution. Besides, BlueHost also ensures the guaranteed server resources with the I/O segregation technology.
Conclusion – BlueHost is Better than NameCheap!
According to the in-depth comparison above, we clearly understand the pros and cons of both BlueHost and NameCheap. Finally, we can clearly draw a conclusion as BlueHost is better than NameCheap, offering affordable, rich-featured, and reliable services for both individuals and small businesses.