NameCheap and 1and1 are two excellent web hosting providers that are famous for affordable WordPress hosting service, are they truly cost-effective? In order to help readers understand two companies comprehensively, we come out this NameCheap VS 1and1 comparison to thoroughly contrast their prices, highlights, speed, reliability, and customer service.
To compare two companies fairly and objectively, we have hosted two same example websites on NameCheap and 1and1 separately. With nearly 3 months real hosting experience and hundreds of customer reviews, we work out an overall comparison table as the following.
NameCheap and 1and1 are truly cheap, but don’t come with very stunning features and performance. In the below part, we separately introduce the strengthens and weaknesses of both NameCheap and 1and1. And finally, we offer you 3 alternatives shown in the table, all of which are affordable and come with unlimited features, latest technologies, 99.9% uptime, fast speed, and 24×7 professional technical support.
The Advantages and Disadvantages of NameCheap
NameCheap is a cheap web host that provides comprehensive online services, including domains, secure SSL certificates, web hosting services, site builders, and more. Founded in 2000, the company is experienced and welcomed by 800,000+ consumers all over the global.
- NameCheap provides 4 upgradeable plans so that customers can select the right plan for their current needs and easily upgrade to a higher plan when the sites grow. By this way, it helps customers save money and resources.
- Pricing from $3.96/mo, the services are affordable in the field.
- All plans offer cPanel as control panel, which is very intuitive and user-friendly, allowing users to handle their accounts, domains, databases, applications, emails, and more with ease.
- The company is confident enough to offer 99.9% uptime guarantee. Moreover, it also utilizes fully redundant networks and enterprise-class server to maximize the reliability.
- It provides customers 24/7 live support.
- NameCheap limits the features for each plan. The basic Value plan only includes 5 websites, 50 subdomains, 25 GB RAID, and 50 Email accounts, which are much less than the same price level companies, such as BlueHost and HostMonster that offers unlimited features for the all-in-one plan.
- The company guarantees only 14 days money back, which is inferior to the common web hosts offer at least 30 days money back guarantee. Especially, BlueHost provides anytime money back guarantee and InMotion Hosting promises 90 days FULL money back.
- All plans don’t support PostgreSQL and Python, and the Value plan even doesn’t support Ruby on Rails.
- Phone support is not available on the company, which disappoints many customers with urgent problems.
The Advantages and Disadvantages of 1and1
1and1 is a historical web host started from 1997. It is one of the largest Internet companies having over 65,000 web servers and utilizing Cisco router to serve for online websites. However, with cheap price, its shared hosting doesn’t deliver excellent performance and reliability in the field.
- 1and1 web hosting is extremely affordable, starting at 0.99/mo for the first year, and then charging for $5.99/mo.
- 1and1 also comes with 3 upgradeable plans as Basic, Unlimited and Performance, designed for both individuals and small businesses.
- It provides 1 free domain for all plans, and along with a lot of free credits for marketing.
- It provides SiteLock and CDN services to serve for online website for high security and great performance.
- The company offers 24×7 professional technical support via phone, live chat, and email ticket. So customers can contact it through any channel and they can always get instant and efficient helps.
- 1and1 develops a custom control panel but not utilizes cPanel, which confuses customers especially the ones have used cPanel before.
- 1and1 offers 30 days money back guarantee, but it deducts monthly fees, setup fees and the prices of any additional products or services added to your account.
- Based of the cheap price, the company cannot ensure their performance. Actually, as we monitor its server response time for 3 months, it responds within 757 ms, which is much slower than the general web hosts in the field
- As online chat is the most welcomed support method, the company is not contactable through live chat, which troubles customers who need instant helps.
Based on the in-depth comparison above, we know that both NameCheap and 1and1 have their own advantages and disadvantages. To be frank, we don’t recommend customers going with them for cheap WordPress hosting service, but suggest them with the below options.
The companies listed below are 3 famous web hosts that provide cost effective web hosting service with 99.9% uptime, fast loading speed, and 24×7 support.