Drupal and WordPress are famous CMSs with different features. Some people choose Drupal at first, but then they find out WordPress is a more suitable one. Under this condition, they need to migrate their Drupal websites to WordPress. In the following, we are going to list the reasons for the migration and then tell you how to migrate your website easily.
Reasons for Migration
In general, Drupal is designed for computer geeks who have solid knowledge about HTLM and website configuration while WordPress is for everyone, especially those starters.
- Websites managed with WordPress can have beautiful and attractive looking easily, for there are countless themes on WordPress official site. However, if you use Drupal, you can’t have many choices.
- WordPress is easy to use with a graphical interface which enables the easiness and speediness to create and publish posts.
- WordPress allows you to edit posts in Microsoft Word and then, you just paste the article to your website. This makes sure you can create a post whether you are online or offline.
- WordPress is SEO friendly. This is one of the most essential reasons for people to move Drupal websites to WordPress. There are many plugins designed to help you promote website ranking position in search engines.
If you want to know more about the difference about the two CMSs, read WordPress VS Drupal and it can tell you what you want.
How to Migrate Website from Drupal to WordPress
Undoubtedly, you can have dozens of methods to achieve this. If you own a small website with little content, moving it manually is not a big problem. However, if you run a big website with many articles, pictures, videos, and comments, migrating them manually can be really annoying. Therefore, we are going to present you the software – CMS2CMS, which can help you migrate website from Drupal to WordPress without any hassle. Note that the software is suitable for all kinds of websites.
CMS2CMS helps you automatically migrate site content from Drupal to WordPress accurately and flawlessly including articles, pages, images (optional), categories, tags, users, internal links, comments, attachments, custom post types, and custom fields. It supports Drupal versions: 5.x, 6.x, 7.x and WordPress versions: 3.x. In the following part, we list several features about CMS2CMS:
- Simple – no requirement of coding skill
- Quick – 15 minutes on average, depending the size of Drupal website
- Free Demo – show you how it works
- Live Support – solve your problem in a short time
Now, we are going to introduce you how to work the software. In total, there are less than 7 steps you need to cover. Firstly, visit www.cms2cms.com and register an account. Then, choose your migration type and from the two options: set up migration yourself or have it set up by their technical engineers. The latter one is suitable for those who don’t have enough time for the process.
The third step is to provide current and new website URLs and CMS types. You just visit your website and get the URLs. Then choose Drupal beside Your Current Site and choose WordPress beside Your New Site. After finishing these, click on Continue.
The next step is installing the connection bridge which allows data to transfer between current and new CMSs. You need to download Bridge file from www.cms2cms.com and extract the folder from the zip file. Then, connect to your Drupal and New Websites via FTP with the help of any type of FTP client software. Later, insert the “cms2cms” folder extracted into the root folder of both your Current and New CMS websites.
Choose additional migration options including media, URLs SEO friendly, clear current target data, design suggestion and permanent (301) redirects from your previous URLs to new URLs. After this you can start demo migration which allows you to check out the service operation. If you can sure everything is going well, you can start full migration. When full migration is done, you can sit down and enjoy your brand new website.