InMotion Hosting offers excellent business class hosting with fast, secure and stable service. They are highly recommended by hosting experts, registered customers and sponsors in the community. In the following, to help you better learn their service, we have come out a detailed InMotion Hosting review based on several important aspects.
As different customers may have different hosting requirements, InMotion Hosting offers a wide range of services including
- Shared hosting: cheap hosting & business class hosting
- Reseller hosting
- VPS hosting
- Dedicated servers
They also optimize their hosting solutions for a large number of applications, such as WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, cPanel, PrestaShop, Moodle, OpenCart, and so on. No matter which size and what kind of your website is, you can always find a proper solution that is optimized for it.
As we reviewed, the service is welcomed for the community reputation, price, performance, reliability and customer service.
With more than 10 years experience, the company has a good reputation among the registered customers and WordPress community. At present, it is serving for about 100,000 domains and 200,000 sites, which accounts for 40% of the total domains and websites of the industry. Besides, it has more than 300 US based employees and all of them are experienced and knowledgeable on the aspect of web hosting.
We have collected 885 real customer reviews from the professional hosting review site – HostUCan. Overall, 99.2% customers are satisfied with the service. In detail, 98.9% customers are glad about the reliability & performance; 97.5% customers are pleased with the control panel & software; and almost 98.2% customers are satisfied with the customer support. The statistics is as following:
InMotion offers 3 web hosting plans, named Launch, Power and Pro respectively. The prices of the plans are quite affordable no matter what you concern is – the discount or the renewal rate. Also, there is a favorable refund guarantee.
The prices of InMotion plans start at $699/mo. But now, the company has limited-time offers of up to 57% discounts for the plans, with which the prices for new customers are as low as $2.95/mo. For the detailed price information, read the table below.
As the prices displayed above are all available for the initial terms, InMotion charges back the regular rates when accounts renew.
- Launch: $6.99/mo, $7.99/mo & $8.99/mo for 36/24/12-month billing.
- Power: $8.99/mo, $9.99/mo & $10.99/mo for 36/24/12-month billing.
- Pro: $15.99/mo, $16.99/mo & $19.99/mo for 12/6/1-month billing.
To be honest, these prices are quite affordable in the current hosting market. And to know all Inmotion Hosting deal, please check out here.
All the hosting plans come with an industry leading 90-Day money back guarantee, which means customers can ask for the full refund if they are not satisfied with this service in the first 90 days.
InMotion provides a large number of free extras in all the web hosting plans. These include a No Hidden Fee guarantee, as well as the following things.
- Free setup for any billing cycle of any plan except the 1-month term of Pro.
- $250 advertising credits for Yahoo!, Bing, Google and YP.com Listing.
- A free domain name.
- Free transfers covering up to 3 cPanel accounts, websites or databases.
- Free premium website builder which helps users build websites from the scratch without any technical knowledge. Hundreds of free themes are also included.
The company is confident to promise the 100% WordPress compatibility. It built the servers on Linux with PHP , Apache, and MySQL coming with the latest versions, which are the optimized environment for WordPress and highly recommend by the community.
Be different from others, InMotion Hosting doesn’t set a limitation on php-limit so that it is convenient for customers if their WordPress sites need more memories. Besides, it installs mod-rewrite Apache module by default to support URL rewrite.
The service has a fast performance with high grade hardware. It owns multiple data centers located in Los Angeles, CA and Washington D.C that customers can choose the closer one to improve their sites and emails performance. With the exclusive Max Speed Zone, it helps to run sites 6x faster speed than others if the websites are in the speed zones.
In addition, it has cooperated with many large ISPs worldwide and peering exchanges to create direct data connections. Of course, it contributes to a faster connection and the hosted sites can be requested in a shorter time.
Even, there are some other advanced technologies used by this web host for the better hosting performance.
- The servers are located at the Category A, PCI compliant server locations, including multiple controlled accessing points.
- The BGP4 network is ensured to prevent the website downtime due to the loss the hardware.
- To prevent the failure of public utility, the N+1 and N+2 systems are ensured with multiple batteries as well as the diesel power resources.
- All the servers are configured with the N+1 settings, SSD drives and RAID 10.
As the above chart, its server responding time is less than 0.3s.
The service attracts customers with strong reliability. With the exclusive Speed Zone technology and business class servers, it ensures the hosted sites to run smoothly and securely.
As we monitored our sample website, there is no attack, downtime or hack in recent 6 months. The uptime of the recent 30 days is as below:
Proof by facts, InMotion hosting is reliable. It puts the 99.9% uptime guarantee into practice and performs nearly 100% up in the recent 30 days.
The service provides business class features more than enough to meet customers’ requirements. As it includes 3 level plans,customers can choose a best one based on their needs. And now, SSD is free to customers.
With the easy to use cPanel with Softaculous, customers can set up sites based on any script like WordPress in simple clicks. And the combination can manage the sites easily.
Moreover, it is important that the company provides data backup to keep the hosted sites secure. Even, with the easy to transfer application, InMotion helps customers transfer their sites with no downtime.
Here, we have listed some noticeable features:
|Sign Up||Sign Up||Sign Up|
Besides all the features mentioned above, InMotion has also prepared some not-so-common tools for WordPress users to gain a better and easier experience in starting and managing sites. These features include:
- WP-CLI which allows users to manage WordPress multisite, update plugins and complete many other tasks from the command line, which saves much time for experienced users.
- Application roll-back with which users can roll WordPress back to the previous version safely when there is a need.
- Easy integration with Google Apps that allows users to combine Google services with the hosting account easily.
- WordPress auto-installation during the checkout of the hosting account.
Usability and Control Panel
For the first-time customers, InMotion Hosting offers an easy hosting solution without the daunting back-end. In this case, this web host firstly ensures the easy checkout process so that you can finish the online order easily.
Then, you can use the free cPanel control panel as the back-end and the Softaculous for the 1-click script install. Note that the cPanel runs with the latest versions, integrating with the Comodo SSLs already. In addition, InMotion Hosting puts the cPanel access in the account management dashboard directly. In this case, you do not need to have the separate logins for the domains management, hosting billing and your control panel. Even, the 1-click installer and the website builder are available from your account dashboard.
Also, the Account Management Panel of InMotion Hosting has a lot of in-house options for upgrade. In this case, if your site gets bigger and more popular so you need a more powerful hosting solution, you can upgrade your hosting account seamlessly.
Along with rich features, the company offers 24/7 professional customer service via toll-free telephone, live chat, email, and ticket system. All the support staffs for WordPress services are knowledgeable and well-trained with hosting technologies.
In addition, it also offers comprehensive tutorials on the knowledgebase, community and educational channels so that customers don’t need to worry about their problems cannot be solved. Besides, the online support center is full of hosting or website running related articles and tutorials. Customers can search online and ask experienced users in the forum.
Some Drawbacks of InMotion Hosting
Frankly speaking, InMotion Hosting does the pretty well job in almost all the critical points, such as the hosting performance, online stability, technical support, prices, refund policy and features. However, their hosting still has some minor drawbacks as listed in the following.
- There is no monthly billing. They used to allow the monthly billing, but now, this web host only allows the yearly billing.
- The additional phone verification. They ask customers to verify the online deal using the phone to prevent the fraud. But this practice is not convenient for non-US customers.
- Backup limitation. If your website exceeds 10 GB, it will not be backed up. If you want to restore your site, the allowed frequency is once for every 4 months.
Conclusion – Recommended
As we reviewed, InMotion is a reliable business class hosting choice. We highly recommend it especially when you need a quality WordPress hosting with rich features and affordable price.