A squeeze page is a kind of landing page, used to collect basic information of potential customers. That is known as a great method to convert visitors to paying subscribers thereby increasing conversion rate effectively. If there is no idea about what a squeeze page exactly is, this guide will show you the answer. It also briefs the way to create a WordPress squeeze page within a few steps.
What Should Be Included in a Squeeze Page?
In general, a squeeze page is a single page that would pop up intentionally when visitors access to a website. That leaves a few encouraging words to arouse visitors’ interest about a product or something else on the current website. In this case, visitors can get a rough idea about what your business is. A good squeeze page should be like the following example.
Additionally, some other elements listed as below should be selectively included in a high converting squeeze page.
- Attractive headline – It briefs visitors on what the purpose of this squeeze page.
- Sign up form – An essential way to capture the email address of a potential customer.
- Appealing design – The design of a squeeze page is as important as your website design, which leaves a good impression on visitors.
- Show the special offers clearly – Place any special discounts or free offers boldly so as to arouse the curiosity of some potential subscribers.
How to Create a Squeeze Page in WordPress
After having an overview of a squeeze page, you should set about creating a stunning one in the light of this step-by-step guide. The method selected here is WP Lead Plus Free Squeeze Page Creator, which comes with various cool features and enables an easy manner to create a functional squeeze page.
Install & Active WP Lead Plus Free Squeeze Page Creator
After installing and activating this plugin on your website, the option “WP Lead Plug Responsive” appears on the admin sidebar in real time. A list of sub-items enables more functions for your squeeze page. Go to WP Lead Plus Responsive > Create Squeeze Page.
Decide the Format of a Popup
Before everything, set a page title on the top left corner and that is required. And then, focus on the bottom right corner of this page, which displays three buttons for page customization. Click “Select” button and that is used to decide the format of a popup.
- With Opt-in – A box comes with a signup form and a subscribe button, which encourages visitors to sign up an account before getting more information.
- No Opt-in – A box leaves a “Yes or No” question and allows visitors to decide whether they should continue to find an answer.
Make a decision between “With Opt-in” and “No Opt-in” and select a template according to personal needs. And then, edit the default format by clicking “Edit This”.
Edit the Details in Popup
You are allowed to edit the headline, description, video and singup form on this page. Simply click the headline area and rewrite the text to anything as needed. This plugin enables full customization for the text format, font, align, etc. Having the headline edited, continue to edit content under the headline in the same way.
If there is a need to display a video on the page, go to Code > Media and paste the video embed code in this area. By the way, an image can be embedded in the same manner. Note that, the embedded video or image should fit in with the purpose of this squeeze page.
Edit text shown in the “enter your email” field and customize the subscribe button if needed.
Customize the Squeeze Page Design
Go to Edit > Outer BG and this is where to customize background of the whole squeeze page. An image or solid color can be used as the background.
- Image – Upload a background image to your media library and then copy & paste the image URL to the specific field. That makes the whole page unique and distinctive.
- Solid Color – Select any color as needed from the color box. That enables a simple design for your squeeze page.
Go to Edit > Box BG and select solid color as the popup box background. You should make it match with the outer background perfectly. Since everything gets ready, click “Save” button and publish this newly created squeeze page. You can check and modify this page via WP Admin > Pages.