Real estate has become a flourishing industry and that encourages many webmasters to create a real estate website for profit. WordPress is a great site building platform that allows users to create websites for multiple purposes. Also, there are multiple WordPress plugins and themes available for site building and customization. Here, we make a step-by-step guide to help you build a real estate website with WordPress.
Below is a great example of real estate website. That is the homepage of Homes.com, a popular real estate website with comprehensive information.
What Should be Included in a Real Estate Website
A real estate website is created for sharing accurate and the latest real estate information with consumers who are looking for homes or wondering about home value. Each deal will bring a profit for site owners. To running a real estate website successfully, you are required to have a rough idea of the essential elements the site should have.
- Valued Information. The website should deliver anything related to real estate, such as the homes for sale, foreclosed homes, apartments for rent, home values, and so on.
- Accurate and Well-Marked Contact Information. Make your contact information public for the convenience of visitors who need to ask for help or get more detailed information.
- Intuitive and User-Friendly Web Design. Be careful to avoid messing up the web page. You should display all pieces of real estate information in a perfect order. That enables a great browsing experience for each visitor as well as helps consumers target any information at a glance.
- An About Page. Set an About Page on the website. That makes it clear on what the purpose of your site and what visitors can get from this site. Also, you can make a brief introduction of your team so as to leave a professional impression on visitors.
Besides the above-mentioned elements, you are encouraged to add something more useful or attractive to the real estate website. It all depends on you. Since you have mapped out a plan, it’s time to create a real estate website. A WordPress real estate plugin is selected here to make things much easier, namely, Real Estate Website Builder.
Create a Real Estate Website with WordPress Real Estate Website Builder
We assume that you have installed WordPress on your website. And then, let’s get started to set up your real estate site. The Real Estate Website Builder is created for real estate website building. This plugin includes rich features that help users create a functional real estate website with ease. This great site builder makes it much easier to create search listings, manage landing pages, promote featured properties and anything as you want.
Step 1: Install and Activate Real Estate Website Builder Plugin
There are more possibilities included in the Real Estate Website Builder. Install this plugin through WordPress dashboard and then take a good use of all advanced features.
Having installed this plugin, a window pops up and this is where to activate this plugin. Type your email address that the plugin is linked to and then click “Confirm Email” button. Make a decision on whether to use Placester. Click “YES” to add IDX/MSL to your site while click “No Thanks” to turn down this request.
Step 2: Configure this Plugin
Once completing plugin activation, an item “Placester” is shown on the menu and that further includes a list of options. Go to Placester > Settings and get started to configure this plugin. The Settings page displays which email address the plugin is linked to. The “Google Places API Key” section includes all steps to get your API key. That plays a vital role in plugin configuration.
Go to Google API Console and click “Create Project” button. A window pops up and you should name this new project as anything as needed. The project ID is generated based on this name. For example, we name this new project as “real estate site builder”. The project ID will be real-estate-site-builder. Click “Create” button to confirm all settings.
Search for “Google Places API Web Service” via APIs & auth > APIs and enable this API. And then, turn to APIs & auth > Credentials and select “API key” from the “Add credentials” drop-down list. Click “Server Key” and access to the “Create server API key” page. Name this new server API key properly and click “Create” button.
A popup window shows your API key. Go back to WP admin > Menu > Placester > Settings > Google Places API Key and paste the API key to the “Google Places API Key” field. Finally, update this API key.
Step 3: Set Up Your Real Estate Website
The Real Estate Website Builder allows users to add real estate listing in an easy manner. Go to Placester > Add Listing and start with the first piece of real estate information.
- Listing Type – Pick up a listing type from the drop-down list and makes it clear on the purpose of this listing. Here, we select “Residential Sale” for a housing sale.
- Property Type – Enter a property type in the Property Type field. Multiple property types are available for you, like residential, commercial, vacant land, foreclosures, waterfront, and so on. Enter any property type in this field according to personal needs.
- Location – Give the accurate location of the house for sale. Type country, county, neighborhood, unit, zip code, state, city and address as required.
- Basic Residential Sales Details – This is where to describe the basic details and lease details of the house. Introduce the number of rooms, total house area and the listing price.
- Images – Select one or more house images from your computer and upload those images to your site. The images help visitors have an overview of this house and decide whether it is a good option.
- Description – Make a brief introduction to this house. The description can be anything as needed, like assistant facilities, traffic condition, year built and some exceptional features.
Finally, click “Publish” button to confirm all settings and make this listing public. You can create as many listings as needed in the same way. All listings are shown under the Listings tab. You can delete, edit or modify any listings if needed.
Step 4: Customize the Web Design
The Real Estate Website Builder plugin comes with a theme gallery that includes a large number of themes for real estate websites. Take a look at the theme portfolio and select a theme for your website. A list of themes is available for you, like Plymouth, Franklin, Fremont, etc. Each theme comes with a version for single property site.
Perhaps, you can select a premium WordPress real estate theme released by other developers. The themes including Realty, Agent Press Pro and Homeland are recommended here.
To enable better browsing experience for each visitor, we suggest you to create an awesome landing page on your real estate website. That is a great method to collect visitors’ information and develop potential customers.
on the homepage, which allows visitors to customize the search range according to personal needs. That makes it much easier to find a favorite home.
Maintain Your Real Estate Website
Having completed all steps mentioned above, the WordPress real estate website is accomplished. Since now, you are required to give some thought to maintaining this site thereby getting more traffic. Here, we suggest you to integrate the real estate website with social networking. That’s an awesome method to let more visitors know your website.
Besides that, a reliable WordPress hosting company plays an important role in website long-term development, which guarantees perfect uptime and excellent performance. Below are the best three WordPress web hosts that have won a great reputation in this field.