HostMonster and iPage both provide cheap WordPress hosting but are their services really reliable and trust-worth? In this HostMonster VS iPage comparison, we review two companies’ web hosting services comprehensively on features, speed, uptime, support and price value, and compare them in-depth to pick up the truly better one.
HostMonster and iPage are two experienced web hosting providers focusing on cheap web hosting solutions. HostMonster, started in 1996, provides powerful hosting services including shared hosting, VPS hosting and dedicated server for bloggers, business, and individuals, while iPage focuses on the only all-in-one shared web hosting all the time. In below, therefore, we compare their shared web hosting services mainly.
HostMonster VS iPage on Features & Price
HostMonster and iPage are both affordable, starting at a low price but providing unlimited basic resources including unlimited space, hosting domains, email accounts, subdomains, parked domains, etc, to meet various customer needs.
In below, we have presented a feature comparison table of HostMonster and iPage hosting packages, which shows HostMonster is more rich-featured, supporting almost of the advanced technologies, such as PHP 5, Perl 5, Python, Ruby / Ruby on Rails, Custom PHP.ini, MySQL database, PostgreSQL database, etc.
|PHP||5.2.17 & 5.3.10||5.2.12|
|Ruby on Rails|
|Custom Cron Jobs|
|Custom Error Pages|
|How to Claim||Link Activation||Link Activation|
HostMonster VS iPage on Performance
Performance is usually one of the most important factors to consider a web hosting package. As we monitored, both HostMonster and iPage are faster than the common web hosts in the fields, but HostMonster is still 63% faster than iPage. Below is the real-time statistics of the server response time in the recent 30 days, with which you can learn about more information about two companies.
It’s not surprising that HostMonster has such excellent performance. Actually, it has invested much to build rock infrastructure and utilize world class technologies as the following to power the hosting services.
- Quad Processor Performance Servers
- Linux Operating System
- Customized Apache Web Server
- UPS Power Backup/ Back-up Generator
- 24/7 Monitoring
- Courtesy Site Backups
- OC-48 Backbone Connection
The Advantages and Disadvantages of HostMonster
HostMonster web hosting is very affordable, starting at $3.49/mo and 42% off the regular $5.99/mo for customers going through the exclusive promotional link. Along with superior performance and ANYTIME money back guarantee, it is trusted by millions of websites worldwide. As the following, we carefully introduce the advantages and disadvantages so that you can learn about it deeply.
- The shared hosting service of HostMonster is very cost effective, providing unlimited features at a quite affordable price level to meet the various customer needs.
- HostMonster utilizes cPanel control panel which includes a free 1-click installation SimpleScripts so that customers can easily manage their accounts and install more than 300 applications within minutes.
- The web hosting includes 1st year free domain, free templates, and up to $100 Google Advertising Offer which users can use to promote their sites and drive quality traffic.
- ANYTIME money back guarantee is provided by HostMonster to ensure its hosting services that customers can get full money back if they cancel their account within the first 30 days, and get a pro- rated refund after 30 days.
- HostMonster offers 24×7 US based technical support via phone, live chat and email. And there is an online Help Center on the official site designed for self support customers.
HostMonster shared hosting is really powerful for personal and small business websites. However, it’s only based on Linux platform which may disappoint Windows fans.
The Advantages and Disadvantages of iPage
Established in 1998, iPage is also a historic web hosting company that offers the single one-size-fit-all shared web hosting service. iPage web hosting is quite cheap, starting at incredible $2.25/mo, up to 77% off the regular price for $9.99/mo.
- In addition to the low price, iPage provides rich features as free domain name registration, free SiteLock security suite, free site builder, and nearly $200 free credits including $100 Google AdWords credits, $25 Yahoo/Bing credit and $50 Facebook credit.
- iPage is a green web hosting that purchases renewal energy credits.
- iPage provides 24×7 phone, chat and email support to help customer anytime when they need help.
- iPage provides anytime money back guarantee that customers can cancel their account and get refund anytime if they are unsatisfied with the service.
iPage is really cheap and provides rich features. However, you get what you pay for. In below, we have listed some shortcomings you should be aware of.
- iPage cheap price is only available for the initial billing cycle, and the renewal price is high to $9.99/mo.
- iPage guarantees 30 days full money back, but that is valid for credit card payments only. Besides, if you really cancel your account within 30 days, you will be charged for at least $35 as an early cancellation fee.
- iPage provides free features as free domain registration, free setup, but they are not valid for the money back guarantee.
- There is no upgrade options on iPage – no VPS hosting and dedicated server. That customers have to move to other web hosts if the iPage shared hosting cannot meet their requirements.
Conclusion – HostMonster Wins!
Both the services of HostMonster and iPage can ensure the basic website performance, but obviously, HostMonster shared hosting service is better than that of iPage. We recommend readers going with HostMonster for the truly reliable service. With the solid anytime money back guarantee and 24×7 US based support, you can completely rest assured.