To help customers make a right choice between the two providers HostGator and GoDaddy, we work out this comparison of HostGator VS GoDaddy according to their overall ratings, prices, features, speed, uptime, and customers support.
HostGator and GoDaddy are two world leading web hosting providers. As two hosts have similar products and reputed services, it’s not easy for common customers to make a choice between them. Compared to many comparisons roughly introduce them, this HostGator VS GoDaddy compares them in detail and professionally.
Editorial Rating of HostGator and GoDaddy
All the content is based on the verified customer reviews, real-time monitoring data and the detailed reviews of our editors who have more than 5 years experience in the field. See the overall ratings in the following table and you can see that HostGator is more reputable than GoDaddy for web hosting services.
|Recommended?||Go HostGator||Not Recommended|
You can learn about the reasons why HostGator is better than GoDaddy as the following. Note that we only compare them on the most important aspects: performance, support, and price value. Scroll down to check for more careful explanations.
HostGator VS GoDaddy on Value
HostGator and GoDaddy both have 3 web hosting plans and set each plan with limited features. The 3 plans of HostGator are Hatchling, Baby, and Business, starting at $4.86/mo, $6.26/mo and $9.76/mo, 30% off the regular prices with the exclusive coupon code EUNGE30OFF.
In addition, they are all along with rich features as unlimited disk space & bandwidth, flexible cPanel control panel, 4500+ free website templates, 52+ scripts and $100 Google AdWords credits.
The 3 plans of GoDaddy are Economy, Deluxe and Ultimate, starting at $7.99/mo, $11.69/mo and $19.49/mo. Besides, they come with 1 free domain name, 1-click setup and $100 Google AdWords credits.
With the purpose of making it more convenient for you to check, we have formed the following table to display the prices and feature offerings of the two web hosts. What worth mentioning is that the plan selected here are HostGator Baby plan and GoDaddy Deluxe.
|Plan in Comparison||Baby||Deluxe|
|How to Claim||Coupon Code EUNGE30OFF||–|
Showcased by the table above, it is beyond no doubt that HostGator shared hosting services are much more cost-effective than that of GoDaddy, coming with almost all the essential features for users to create an optimal online presence.
HostGator VS GoDaddy on Performance
Performance is the crucial part of the online success, and it always comes from the powerful data center facilities. HostGator has partnered with the world leading SoftLayer for all data centers and network-provider services, by which HostGator can utilize the world’s best networks and ensures all servers stay cool, secure, and online at all times. With the fully redundant network, top of the line data centers and 24×7 monitoring system, HostGator keeps the hosting sites fast, reliable and secure all the time.
On the other hand, GoDaddy also tries its best to ensure the performance. It has infrastructures in Arizona, Iowa, California, Colorado, Washington D.C. and India, which are connected by nationwide fiber networks. With the general facilities, it only has a general performance as well. As it shows on the official site, the monitoring data of the WordPress site loading time is 1.72 seconds.
As we have monitored the server response time of both companies for about half years, the servers of HostGator respond approximately 130% faster than GoDaddy’s. Check out the monitoring data comparison of HostGator VS GoDaddy as following:
Besides ensuring fast page loads, HostGator also delivers the websites of users worldwide with a fairly stable hosting environment. As the following chart presents, it has maintained an average of 99.99% uptime record in the past thirty days.
To be frank, the hosting reliability as well as page loading speed of HostGator are much more competitive than that of many other peer shared hosting providers. In this case, users can be rest assured that visitors can access their websites in a stable and fast manner.
HostGator VS GoDaddy on Support
Support is always one of the most concerns of customers, especially the non-technicians. HostGator provides 100% US-based technical support that is available for users via its phone, live chat, and email ticket systems while GoDaddy can be contacted by phone and ticket only.
Besides, the two companies provide an online Support Center on their official websites to help customers address and solve common issues by themselves. Check out the contact methods available with HostGator and GoDaddy in the below table.
According to the illustrations above, HostGator provides almost all the common contact methods while GoDaddy lacks some critical offerings. In this case, users with the former company are granted with more flexibility to choose a support channel that best suits their needs to get professional help.
The Pros and Cons of HostGator
HostGator is one of the most famous web hosting providers worldwide. Started in 2003 as a small company with 3 servers, it has developed into one of the largest web hosts, with over 12,000 servers and 850+ staffs, and serving more than 9 million customers ranging from individuals to enterprises. Let’s see the HostGator pros and cons as the following:
- HostGator is professional on web hosting and offers both Linux and Windows based web hosting solutions that can satisfy all customers.
- HostGator provides rich products, including shared hosting, VPS hosting, Reseller hosting, and dedicated servers, which can meet the requirements from individuals to Fortune 500 companies.
- HostGator partners with the world leading SoftLayer to take advantage of one of the world’s best networks to power the hosting sites and ensure maximum uptime.
- HostGator guarantees 45 days full money back that customers can receive full money if they cancel their account within 45 days.
- HostGator backs its hosting services with 130% wind power to help cutting the polution footsprints of this energy-demanding industry.
- Unlike some web hosts like BlueHost or JustHost who provides free domain name, HostGator charges it for $14.99/mo.
- The renewal price of HostGator is a little bit expensive, starting at $8.95/mo.
- GoDaddy is one of the largest domain name registrar all over the world.
- GoDaddy offers multiple hosting solutions as web hosting, VPS hosting, dedicated servers, managed hosting and reseller hosting based on Linux and Windows platform that customers can get a suitable plan based on their requirements, and easily upgrade to a higher one.
- GoDaddy provides a 1st-year free domain for customer purchasing any annual plan.
- GoDaddy offers 99.9% guarantee to ensure the reliability and security of the hosting sites.
- GoDaddy web hosting plans is a bit expensive, starting at $7.99/mo and nearly 60% more expensive than the common solutions for $5/mo averagely.
- The renewal price of GoDaddy for $8.95/mo is not unreasonable for customers, especially who have small budgets.
- The web hosting is not the main business of GoDaddy that means GoDaddy has less investment in this regard.
- GoDaddy support is only valid for phone and email. There is no option for the most popular live chat support.
By a total of 272 reviews that we have received on BestHostingSearch, a popular web hosting review site, the company has enjoyed a customer satisfaction rate that is high to 99.98%.
In detail, 99.95% of these customers are pleased with its excellent reliability, 99.94% are pleased with the control panel, and 99.95% are pleased with the technical support.
The Pros and Cons of GoDaddy
GoDaddy is a web hosting provider and one of the largest domain name registrars. Since 1997, it has delivered the quality domain name registration services to customers, and welcomed by millions of customers. As concentrating almost all the power to the domain name registration, its web hosting service is not as good as other reputable providers.
Final Thought – HostGator Is the Ideal Choice
With the comprehensive comparison of HostGator VS GoDaddy above, we can conclude that HostGator is better than GoDaddy Considering the budget-friendly pricing level, excellent performance, and responsive technical support.
As a result, we suggest you sign up HostGator to give your hosting journey a good start. With the high-quality hosting packages, the company is capable of helping you create a professional presence without consuming a fortune.