WordPress is widely adopted as the blogging software due to the great blogging features. However, it is possible that some of you just want to use it to start a static online platform, without any blogging related functions. If you are in this situation, you can check the following parts to learn how to hide WordPress blogging feature automatically.
In fact, this user-friendly script supports for a lot of blogging functions as listed in the following.
- The publishing, editing and deleting of the blog posts, media items, pages, comments and many more.
- The blog related widgets and tools.
- The support for trackbacks, pingbacks and the XML-RPC links.
- The support for tags, categories and taxonomies.
- And many more……
Frankly speaking, these features may confuse people who have never used this script before. In this case, if you confirm that your website does not need the blog section, you can disable the blogging features with the following steps.
Make Use of the Disable Blogging Plugin
If you do not want to touch the coding of your website and want to turn WordPress to a pure CMS platform without the blogging function, you can use the Disable Blogging WordPress plugin. With it, you can easily and entirely turn off all the blog related functions and features. Note that it will work on both the front-end and the back-end of your site.
The best part of this plugin is that it will disable the cumbersome blogging features in a comprehensive way. As researched, it can hide more than 20 additional features. These include the author page, feeds, pingbacks, screen options, help tabs, the admin bar greeting, the emoji support and many more.
Decide the General Blogging Settings
After the proper plugin installation, you should click the Blogging buttons from the Settings dropdown. Here, you can disable some main blogging features. These features include Posting, Comments, Author Page, Feeds, XML-RPC, Trackbacks and Pingbacks.
Determine Some Extra Features
Now, you can move to the Extra tab from this plugin settings page. Here, you can choose to hide some extra features that are related to blogging.
- You can remove the Screen Options tab that appears in the header section of your WordPress admin.
- You can hide the Help tabs as well. After all, the help information is useless if you and your clients do not use the blogging functionality of WordPress.
- If you want, you also have the freedom to hide the greeting that showcases on the admin bar, just next to the username.
- To improve the cache performance, you’d better remove the query string version.
- The WordPress emoticons are used to enrich your web content. Here, you can disable the emoji support.
- Lastly, you can choose the exact display of your admin footer.
Set Up the Profile Options
In fact, the profile options do not have the direct connection to the blogging. However, if your website does not have the bloggers, you can simplify these options. For instance, you can disable the admin color scheme, hide the toolbar, hide the display of the user nickname and many more.
Now, you simply need to save the settings. And all the major and minor blogging features are disabled based on your requirements.