This GoDaddy VS DreamHost comparison is based on our real experience and referred to verified customer reviews, comparing GoDaddy and DreamHost in terms of price & features, performance, reliability and support.
GoDaddy and DreamHost are two of the experienced web hosts started in 1997. They both provide excellent hosting services with affordable price, outstanding performance, and quality support. Therefore, many customers have no idea to choose the right web host between GoDaddy VS DreamHost. To pick up the better web hosting provider, we come out this GoDaddy VS DreamHost comparison, reviewing and comparing them comprehensively and thoroughly.
GoDaddy and DreamHost both provide excellent shared hosting services, but they have some differences on specific details. In below, we have compiled a comparison table about the price & features of GoDaddy and DreamHost, along wih the truly top-noth web host of BlueHost.
|Plan in Comparison||Economy||Shared||Basic|
|Free Domain||No||1 for 1st year||1 for 1st year|
|Disk Space||10 GB||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Visit||Not Recommended||Not Recommended||Coupon Activation|
As performance is always a top concern of customers when purchasing a web hosting service. We compare GoDaddy with DreamHost on server response time based on the real monitoring data as the following chart. Obviously, DreamHost performs much faster than GoDaddy.
The Pros and Cons of GoDaddy
GoDaddy is one of the largest web companies worldwide offering everything you need on the web, from website builders to complete eCommerce solutions. It is focusing on domain name registration and is recognized as the world’s largest domain name registrar. However, it does not have the same good reputation on web hosting services.
- GoDaddy is one of the domain name registrars worldwide, hosting 11 million domains.
- GoDaddy has multiple web hosting solutions including shared hosting, VPS, dedicated server, managed hosting and reseller hosting so that customers have wide options to choose a suitable hosting presently, and easily upgrade to a higher plan when they need.
- GoDaddy guarantees 99.9% uptime to keep the hosting sites online and secure.
- GoDaddy provides up to $250 free Ad credits.
- GoDaddy provides 24×7 experts support that customers can ask questions anytime.
- GoDaddy makes more efforts on domain name registration than on web hosting service.
- GoDaddy offers 3 shared hosting plans, but limits the features of the basic plan to promote the advanced plan.
- GoDaddy Economy plan only allows 1 site and 1 domain on 1 account, which is only suitable for novices.
- GoDaddy allures customers with low initial price starting at $5.19/mo but comes with high to $8.95/mo renewal price.
- GoDaddy does not provide live chat support which is the most user-friendly support way for customers.
The Pros and Cons of DreamHost
DreamHost is a professional web hosting provider designed for individuals, bloggers and small to medium sized businesses. It offers a series of hosting services including shared hosting, VPS hosting, dedicated hosting and cloud hosting, powering more than 75,000 websites and customers presently.
- DreamHost shared hosting is an all-in-one hosting package, with which customers can get full features to meet their requirements.
- DreamHost provides 1-click installer to allow customers quickly installing and upgrading some of the most popular applications like WordPress, Gallery, Moodle, Joomla, phpBB, eCommerce, etc.
- DreamHost provides 1 free domain name along with the hosting plans.
- DreamHost provides 97-day money back guarantee to ensure the hosting services.
- DreamHost commits 100% uptime to guarantee the hosting sites reliability.
- DreamHost is relative a small company in the web hosting filed, especially comparing to GoDaddy.
- DreamHost does not utilize the most popular cPanel, but develop its custom control panel which confuses customers sometimes.
- DreamHost 24×7 technical support is only available for email ticket. If customers want contact via phone call or online chat, they need to pay extra $14.95/mo.
- DreamHost money back guarantee is valid for credit card payment only.
Surely, both GoDaddy and DreamHost have some shortcomings that may affect your hosting experiences greatly. Therefore, we do not recommend you to choose neither of them. Instead, we sincerely suggest the following web hosts that are the leading options on the web.