After our full-scale and thorough review, CoolHandle is not a bad web host, but we still don’t recommend it because of much expensive price and limited features.
Hereinafter, we have revealed the truth of CoolHandle on account of the overall rating, price, feature, performance and technical support, to help you get a thorough understanding of its web hosting services.
Established in 2001 by a group of IT professionals, CoodHandle was acquired by ProNetHosting.net in early 2010. With more than 12 years of endeavor, it has achieved considerable success in the field.
On bases of our real hosting experience in CoolHandle and real feedback of validated customers, we rate its reputation, features, speed, uptime, and support as following.
Plans & Prices
CoolHandle designs 3 shared web hosting plans as Starter, Business and Pro, which are all available for 1 month and 3 months subscriptions.
The Starter plan is starting at $19.95/mo, along with free setup and free website transfer for domains, files, databases and scripts. The Business Plan and Pro Plan are more expensive, and we list their prices in the following table.
|Money Back Guarantee||30 Days||30 Days||30 Days|
Furthermore, CoolHandle promises a 30-days money back guarantee, but please note that the domain name registration fee is deducted when you ask a refund.
To be honest, the price of CoolHandle web hosting is much more expensive than the industry average. Especially, it is much more expensive than some best web hosting like BlueHost for $2.95/mo only.
CoolHandle offers rich features for all plans, but limits storage, bandwidth, domains, parked domains, sub domains, FTP accounts, MySQL databases and mailboxes for different plans. For specific differences between 3 plans of CoolHandle, please refer to the table below.
|Free Domain Name||1||1||1|
As the Starter plan only allows 1 free domain name, 5 domains, 5 parked domains, etc., it is just suitable for personal websites. Considering the expensive price, it is really not a cost-effective choice.
In addition to these basic features in the above table, CoolHandle web hosting boasts some highlights, such as:
- CPanel simplifies the setup and administration of websites.
- DNS Management reduces the effort required to edit DNS data, and automate the allocation of DNS data.
- Password Protect Directories, Instant Backup and SSH guard the safety of your data.
- CGI provides an interface between the web server and programs that generate the web content, which allows to be written in Python, Perl, and Ruby on Rails.
- SEO Optimization boosts your search engine rank.
Situated in Los Angeles, CoolHandle operates a state-of-the-art data center. To maximize the uptime and speed, the data center possesses the following highlights, including:
- 24/7 data center and network monitoring
- All the needed security technologies like Firewall and fire compression
- Fast and stable networks
- Redundant power supply
Besides, CoolHandle also partners with 3 multiple Tier-1 upstream providers to route around outages and spikes in traffic. With redundant network infrastructures which are powered by advanced technologies, CoolHandle keeps the hosting websites online all the time. Actually, it delivers an industry leading 99.9% uptime.
CoolHandle provides 24/7 toll-free phone customer support, but it doesn’t offer live chat services. If you don’t like speaking to support staffs, you can also resort to the following means:
- Knowledgebase which is updated frequently with new information to answer your questions
- Flash Tutorials to assist you learning how to host your websites by your own
- Support Ticket 24/7/365 to help you solve problems which cannot be settled by the above ways
CoolHandle Review – Conclusion
From the above, CoolHandle is not a bad web host. Personally, we don’t recommend it because of the expensive price, limited features, and general technical support. If you want to get rich-feature web hosting with affordable price, 99.9% uptime, stunning loading speed, and amazing technical support, please consider pick an alternative in the following collection of top web hosts.