It seems hard to make a decision between BlueHost and iPage, because both companies have won good reputation in the industry by virtue of premium hosting services. In this situation, we make the BlueHost vs iPage to tell an in-depth comparison between the two companies in terms of their shared hosting and VPS hosting.
We would like to focus on the price and features for shared hosting plans and VPS plans respectively firstly, and then make a brief introduction to the performance and technical support of the two companies.
|Read Review||BlueHost Review||iPage Review|
BlueHost VS iPage > Shared & VPS Hosting Price
Three shared hosting solutions are offered to BlueHost customers, including Basic, Plus and Business Pro. Most people think highly of this company mainly because of its affordable price. By clicking this promotional link, the 63% discount comes into effect automatically to cut the price from $7.99/mo to $2.95/mo. In addition, anytime money back guarantee gives customers the right to ask for a refund if the service is not satisfactory.
iPage has released one shared hosting plan named as Essential Plan, starting at $7.99/mo in regular. Likewise, this company also enables an expected discount via the promotional link to allow people activate 75% discount for $1.99/mo only. Besides, the 30-day refund policy is also available for iPage customers.
|Plan in Comparison||Basic||Essential|
|Money Back Guarantee||30 Days||30 Days|
For VPS hosting, BlueHost launches 3 solutions, including Standard, Enhanced, Premium and Ultimate, and enables 33% discount for each VPS package. If people click the following promotional link, the prices are automatically down to $19.99/mo.
iPage offers 3 VPS packages called Basic, Business and Optimum, regularly starting at $24.99/mo. The following link is used to activate a 28% discount for each plan. In this case, the service is starting at $19.99/mo only.
BlueHost VS iPage > Shared & VPS Hosting Features
People who choose shared hosting pay much attention to the hosting resource allocation, programming language, database, and so on. BlueHost and iPage both promise to allocate maximum disk space & bandwidth to each site and make sure that each solution comes with the latest technologies. The details are listed in the following table.
|Shared Hosting Features|
|Plan in Comparison||Basic||Essential|
|Disk Space||50 GB||Unlimited|
|Drag & Drop Site Builder|
|Ruby on Rails|
When it comes to VPS hosting feature, customers always focus on CPU cores, RAM, storage, bandwidth, and many more. Advanced features and sufficient resources contribute to the success of a website. In this case, we list the main criteria as below to show readers the strength of BlueHost and iPage.
|VPS Hosting Features|
|Plan in Comparison||Standard||Basic|
|RAM||2 GB||1 GB|
|Storage||30 GB||40 GB|
|Bandwidth||1 TB||1 TB|
BlueHost VS iPage > Uptime & Speed
Both companies make every effort to achieve 99.9% uptime as well as deliver fast hosting speed. They utilize world-class data centers with the most advanced technologies and offer 24/7 monitoring for each facility.
In order to check BlueHost and iPage reliability in the real world, our editors have tested their uptime for 30 days with the help of our technical team. From the monitoring results, BlueHost has delivered an average of 100% uptime while that of iPage is 99.95%. Check the following uptime record of BlueHost for more detailed statistics.
For hosting speed, BlueHost has done a better job. According to our monitoring on the server response time, BlueHost consumes 320ms while iPage consumes 559ms. The following chart shows the strength of each company.
Based on the facts above, it is clear that BlueHost hosting environment is more stable and faster in the comparison with iPage. According to our investigations, there are multiple factors contributing to BlueHost extraordinary performance.
- Self-owned data center – Unlike manys other web hosts renting data centers from some IDC companies, BlueHost has invested more than 20 million USD in building its own data centers in Provo, Utah, US where is free from common nature disasters.
- High-performance servers – BlueHost utilizes 100% Dell-branded servers that feature high specifications to ensure users with peak performance.
- Advanced technologies & measures – This company uses multiple advanced technologies and measures, such as BGP4 auto-routing, redundant power supply systems, around-the-clock monitoring, and many more to make its hosting environment reliable and fast.
BlueHost VS iPage > Customer Service
BlueHost and iPage firmly believe that award-winning technical support is the unique way to help customers exclude all worries and troubles. Thus, they allow live chat, phone and email for people to contact the in-house support teams. The support staffs wait there round the clock to provide webmasters with effective solutions.
Besides the manual support, there are numerous hosting tutorials made for people who wish to learn more hosting skills. The technicians collect a large number of FAQs and give an answer to each one.
- Live chat support – Both BlueHost and iPage allow you to contact their support teams via live chat. All you need to do is clicking on their live chat buttons to start a talk with their support experts directly and get solutions in an efficient manner.
- Toll-free phone support – Phone supports of the two companies are available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. In this case, whenever you came across some unexpected problems, dial the number 888-401-4678 and 1-877-472-4399 to get BlueHost and iPage professional assistance.
- Email and ticket support – When things going wrong, you can also access the companies’ supports by sending an email or opening a ticket. They will grant you with a response as fast as they can.
- Knowledgebase – Both of the two web hosts provide a variety of guide, tutorials, and other articles within their knowledgebase sections. By the way, BlueHost knowledgebase is more informative than its rival, containing abundant resources for users to learn about many aspects of their websites and accounts.
- Social media & Blog – In order to help users interact with each other, the two companies support some common social media like Facebook and Twitter. BlueHost also maintains a blog covering an extensive range of hot topics.
Similarities and Differences between BlueHost and iPage
In fact, both web hosts are good hosting providers who have a lot in common. To make it clear that which one stands out in the competition, we have listed out their similarities and differences as follows.
- Both web hosts release affordable hosting solutions which come with a 30-day money back guarantee.
- With either of them, your website will experience a reliable hosting environment.
- In the event of emergencies, you can get effective assistance from the two web hosts.
- iPage shows more generosity on the allocation of server resources, giving your website enough room to grow at the same pricing level.
- BlueHost delivers a much faster speed thanks to the more advanced facilities and cutting-edge technologies, which means that BlueHost loads each page in the shorter time.
- With the more extensive knowledgebase and useful blog, BlueHost can be better at customers’ service.
Conclusion – BlueHost Is the Better Option
Undoubtedly, BlueHost and iPage allocate sufficient resources to each hosting solution and make it come with the latest technologies. Both companies offer budget-friendly service so that most webmasters can afford it. However, BlueHost is a notch above iPage because of its higher performance.