Since now, there are a large number of CMS options you can choose from to set up a website or an online platform of any kinds. With these tools, you do not need to get any coding knowledge, skills or experiences, but can start and manage your website with much ease. With the growing of blogging popularity, you might be wondering which one is the best option for blog running. In the following, we’d like to discuss which is the best content management software for blogging.
Option 1 – WordPress
What about WordPress hasn’t been said? The best blogging platform built on PHP and MySQL, and also the most popular content manage system. Except used to create personal blogs, it also widely used to build corporate websites, portals, large commercial sites, community sites, etc. At present, it is powering more than 15% of Alexa Internet’s “Top 1 million” websites and over 24% of new websites worldwide.
- High flexibility with massive plugins, themes and widgets.
- Free downloading and installation.
- Built-in SEO nature.
- Large support portal.
- Plenty of reliable hosting providers.
- Utmost ease of use for blogging.
- Potential security threats due to the high popularity.
- CSS and HTML requirement for the advanced usage.
Option 2 – Joomla
This is another popular content management system that allows you to set up the website and online application. Instead of for blogging, Joomla is widely used for corporate portals, business intranets and extranets, online reservations, e-commerce platforms, school sites and church sites.
- Open source and free of charges.
- Real flexibility for web content and site structure.
- E-commerce ready with a handful of extensions.
- Relatively low learning curve so as to allow non-developers to use it.
- Small marketplace for modules and templates.
- Slightly complex when compared with WordPress, especially when using the custom design.
Option 3 – Magento
For e-commerce website, Magento is the widely used CMS. With the ecosystem of around 150,000 developers, along with more than 300 solution partners who are highly trained, Magento can help you boost the online sales and the maximized gross margins.
- Rich features for the basic online store running, along with some advanced options for multi-store management, multi-language support and many more.
- User-friendly and clear administration area.
- Free charge for the community version.
- Template architecture for the easy customization.
- The Enterprise version is a little bit costly.
- This script is widely hosted using the VPS hosting or the expensive dedicated server hosting.
- It is hard to find the Magento developers for help.
Option 4 – Drupal
Drupal is an advanced CMS that is mainly used by developers for some advanced and technical usage. With it, you can get the ambitious experiences for building a complicated site and pushing it beyond the browser. Generally, some professional platforms are likely to use Drupal, such as The Economist and The White House.
- It can do anything with the high flexibility.
- This CMS regards security as one of the top priorities.
- All the modules are highly functional to achieve different purposes.
- Not user-friendly.
- Require the advanced coding knowledge
Option 5 – SquareSpace
This is a relatively new CMS that becomes popular during the recent years. This option has almost all the critical features for website creation and control by default, without the need to install extra add-on.
- Template-based nature so you are restrained in your own design.
- The spacious and simplistic design allows you to get and do anything in one place.
- It makes blogging a breeze thing.
- It is not free to use.
- The extensions are limited.
- Few online documentation and resources you can find.
Why WordPress is the Best CMS for Blogging?
There is a great many CMS options for blogging, why can WordPress be the best choice? It is free, rich-featured, easy to use, but far more than these. Check the specific reasons as following:
- Mature. Started in 2003, WordPress is created by Matt Mullenweg, Mike Little and Christine Selleck Tremoulet, for enhancing the typography of everyday writing. With more than 10 years developments, it has released 19 versions, and published the newest version WordPress 3.6 in 2013 May. It is a mature and stable product, awarded as the most popular blogging platform and CMS all over the world. Nowadays, WordPress is powering more than 15% of Alexa Internet’s “Top 1 million” websites and over 24% of new websites worldwide.
- Community Support. There is an official community named WordPress.org where gathers hundreds of developers and designers to work on and back up WordPress. The users can follow the documentation to install WordPress, ask questions in the forums, and get everything they need in the community.
- Easy to Use. WordPress provides a graphical interface which is particularly intuitive and user friendly. The backend layout is streamlined that new users can easily find their ways in the administrator section. As a wysiwyg editor is provided, users can create and publish a post very simply, even they are not familiar with HTML or other markup language.
- Customizable & Flexible. WordPress is flexible and easy to customize. As a large number of developers and designers involved in the community, it results to plenty of themes and plug-ins that users can choose for websites personalization. For developers, the theming language is fairly simple and straightforward that they can coding their plugins, themes, websites or blogs as they want.
- High Performance. WordPress is a lightweight framework without too much html code. It is friendly to search engines that results the WordPress blogs and websites with excellent performance. In addition, users can customize the pages and posts to increase the websites ranked in the search results.
- 1 Free Domain Name Registration or Transfer
- Unlimited Disk Space & Bandwidth
- cPanel Control Panel
- PHP, Python, Perl, MySQL, PostgreSQL, CGI, Ruby on Rails, etc
- ANYTIME Money Back Guarantee
- 24×7 US Based Technical Support via Phone, Live Chat & Email
With the mature history, easy to use features, community support, and excellent performance, WordPress is the best CMS for blogging. For customers who want to build a WordPress blog or website, we sincerely recommend them going with BlueHost.
BlueHost is a experienced WordPress hosting provider founded in 1996 and recommended by WordPress.org. It provides the superb WordPress services for only $2.95/mo and along with competitive features as following: