Although there are plenty of options when it comes to picking a content management software for blogging, WordPress is the best choice after all. With the WordPress easy to use features, numerous of plugins and themes, users can build blogs or websites with full customizability and flexibility.
What about WordPress hasn’t been said? The best blogging platform built on PHP and MySQL, and also the most popular content manage system. Except used to create personal blogs, it also widely used to build corporate websites, portals, large commercial sites, community sites, etc. At present, it is powering more than 15% of Alexa Internet’s “Top 1 million” websites and over 24% of new websites worldwide.
Why WordPress is the Best CMS for Blogging?
There is a great many CMS options for blogging, why can WordPress be the best choice? It is free, rich-featured, easy to use, but far more than these. Check the specific reasons as following:
- Mature. Started in 2003, WordPress is created by Matt Mullenweg, Mike Little and Christine Selleck Tremoulet, for enhancing the typography of everyday writing. With more than 10 years developments, it has released 19 versions, and published the newest version WordPress 3.6 in 2013 May. It is a mature and stable product, awarded as the most popular blogging platform and CMS all over the world. Nowadays, WordPress is powering more than 15% of Alexa Internet’s “Top 1 million” websites and over 24% of new websites worldwide.
- Community Support. There is an official community named WordPress.org where gathers hundreds of developers and designers to work on and back up WordPress. The users can follow the documentation to install WordPress, ask questions in the forums, and get everything they need in the community.
- Easy to Use. WordPress provides a graphical interface which is particularly intuitive and user friendly. The backend layout is streamlined that new users can easily find their ways in the administrator section. As a wysiwyg editor is provided, users can create and publish a post very simply, even they are not familiar with HTML or other markup language.
- Customizable & Flexible. WordPress is flexible and easy to customize. As a large number of developers and designers involved in the community, it results to plenty of themes and plug-ins that users can choose for websites personalization. For developers, the theming language is fairly simple and straightforward that they can coding their plugins, themes, websites or blogs as they want.
- High Performance. WordPress is a lightweight framework without too much html code. It is friendly to search engines that results the WordPress blogs and websites with excellent performance. In addition, users can customize the pages and posts to increase the websites ranked in the search results.
- 1 Free Domain Name Registration or Transfer
- Unlimited Disk Space & Bandwidth
- cPanel Control Panel
- PHP, Python, Perl, MySQL, PostgreSQL, CGI, Ruby on Rails, etc
- ANYTIME Money Back Guarantee
- 24×7 US Based Technical Support via Phone, Live Chat & Email
With the mature history, easy to use features, community support, and excellent performance, WordPress is the best CMS for blogging. For customers who want to build a WordPress blog or website, we sincerely recommend them going with BlueHost.
BlueHost is a experienced WordPress hosting provider founded in 1996 and recommended by WordPress.org. It provides the superb WordPress services for only $3.95/mo and along with competitive features as following: