At present, social networks are increasingly active, and more and more people like to share information in social networks. With the powerful spread ability, a simple content can be shared thousands of times. Therefore, webmasters can make use of the power of the social networks to promote the websites and get more traffics. By allowing readers to share the pages and posts to the social networks like Facebook, Google Plus, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc, the websites can be displayed in a vast number of profiles, and gain numerous traffic and links.
So, how to make it in the WordPress sites? It’s quite easy by installing the Floating Social Share plugin on your WordPress sites. In below part, we introduce the descriptions and benefits of Floating Social Bar, and come out a detailed guide of how to add it in WordPress.
About Floating Social Bar
Floating Social Bar is a light weight plugin for WordPress, which installs a horizontal floating share bar on the blog pages, posts and others. The floating ability allows this eye-catching social media bar to get you maximum shares. It always comes with the following benefits:
- Easy To Use. There is a simple options interface which allows users to drag-and-drop the social buttons which they want to display.
- Slim & Fast. Unlike other plugins are very heavy and significantly slow down your site, Floating Social Bar only loads scripts when necessary, and this keeps the websites fast.
- Community Support. If users have any questions about the plugin, they can ask for help via WordPress.org Forums.
Add Floating Social Bar in WordPress
Adding Floating Social Bar in WordPress is extremely simple, follow our this guide to finish it easily.
First, you need to install this plugin. There are two methods to get it. You can download Floating Social Bar plugin in WordPress.org, or automatically install it from the WordPress Plugin Directory in your website’s dashboard.
- Download URL: http://wordpress.org/plugins/floating-social-bar/. If you want to download the plugin, you can get it from this URL.
- Log into your website dashboard, go into Plugins, you can upload the plugin in .zip format which you download before. Or, you can search and install it directly.
- Install and active Floating Social Bar Plugin.
Secondly, go into Settings -> Floating Social Bar, you can see the following interface.
From the available social services, you can see this plugin can share content to Google Plus, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Pinterest. And you can drag and drop services you would like to enable in your floating social bar into the box below.
Third finish the settings. You can see the following table there, finish it according to your requirements.
- Social Bar Label: The title for the share bar which only shows up if there is enough space for it.
- Show Bar On Single: Where you want to add the plugin.
- Twitter Username: add your twitter ID in the field. Note that it doesn’t include the @ symbol.
- Interval to Updates Stats: how long the plugin gets the social media count from the APIs. By default, it’s 30 minutes (1800s), and we recommend you can keep the default number.
- Pinterest Image Fallback: Used if no featured image or images within the content are found.
- Make Social Bar Static: If checked, the social bar will not float.
- Disable Socialite: If checked, Socialite will not load when hovering over the social bar.
At last, to save your settings, make sure you click the green “Save Settings” button at the bottom of the settings table.
That’s it. Now when you go to your post page, there will be a horizontal floating share bar.